This probably won’t be the only day where I don’t finish something I started. I am calling it a day after it is now technically not the right day anymore.
I decided to revisit an old problem that I didn’t finish then, either. I ended up reworking an algorithm to no avail. The mess is here.
Here are some things I learned:
- Maybe go a little easier on yourself, maybe?
- I really enjoy coding challenges where I just lose myself in them. Also, I love testing.
- It takes a long time when revisiting a problem of this complexity to just sit with it and figure it out.
- I probably should have stopped earlier to let my brain do its synaptic magic through sleep and the diffuse state.
- My main issue probably has to do with rounding and perhaps the difference between floats and integers. And maybe the code itself.